CHESS Magazine - August 2012
Chess charity gets royal seal of approval!
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more!
- Tal Memorial, Moscow - More from the fabulous meet-up in Moscow, including some
immaculate technique from Magnus Carlsen
- Tal Memorial Interviews - Janis Nisii interviewed five big stars in Moscow... Carlsen, Aronian,
Caruana, Radjabov and England’s Luke McShane
- Dortmund Sparkassen - In England we had the ‘Fab Four’ - the Beatles. In Italy they have
the ‘Fab One’ - Caruana! Steve Giddins on Fab’s German success
- World Rapid/Blitz Championship - Magnus Carlsen came, saw - and didn’t conquer. He had to be
content with silver after Karjakin (rapid) and Grischuk (blitz)
- An Interview with William Hartston - The former British Champion and TV chess presenter is
interviewed by Stephen Moss of The Guardian
- Believe It Or Not... - ... a young Israeli and his ability to communicate telepathically with
his computer-aided father has caused headaches for chess officials
- Czech Trophy: Navara-Svidler - Yochanan Afek was in Prague to see Peter Svidler overcome David
Navara, and enjoy the entertaining sideshows
- Scottish Championship - Angus Dunnington came out of chess retirement for the strongest
Scottish Championship ever and saw Jacob Aagaard take the title
Download a pdf file with the extract from this magazine.
*IN STOCK NOW!*