CHESS Magazine - May 2012
Gawain Jones to play FIDE World Cup and London Chess Classic!
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more!
- European Championship, Plovdiv - World Cup qualifier Gawain Jones annotates while Mamedyarov fell
foul of the Draconian rule book and is out. John Saunders reports
- Interview: Andrey Filatov - The man behind the Moscow World Championship answers
questions put to him by CHESS editor John Saunders
- 4NCL, Penultimate Weekend - IM Simon Ansell on the British Team League’s March matches
- Fall and Rise of a Chess Tourist - Mike Yeo travelled to Moscow, only to break his hip. Unlucky - but
Mike’s story had an extraordinarily happy ending in Slovenia...
- Tribute to Hugh Courtney - CHESS’s much-cherished Christmas quizzer is no more. We pay
homage to an all-time great contributor and a lovely man
- Chess in the 1970s - John Saunders with another dip in our archive, finding a less than
diplomatic Max Euwe, plus a black sheep of the British chess flock
- e2e4 Dublin International - Steve Giddins reports on veteran Mark Hebden’s Irish success
- Symmetry: Lurking Dangers - Angus Dunnington warns us: a symmetrical set-up is not innocuous
Download a pdf file with the extract from this magazine.
*IN STOCK NOW!*